Need Help On Smog Issues!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok So I Just Bought My Car And I Am Having Problems Getting It To Pass A Smog Test So I Can Register It To My Name. I Bought It With A Swap Already Done To It And I Don't Think The Previous Owner Did Anything Right Since He Didn't Even Change Anything Else But The Engine And Tranny. So Can Anyone Help Me In Finding WHAT I NEED TO DO SO THAT IT WOULD PASS SMOG TESTING.

:crap:what kind of car is it and motor,by the way if u got a civic with jdm motor it will never pass unless u pay someone to pass it for u, or u can take it to a ref and ask him how to pass it

seeing thats its a JDM engine i'm surprised smog techs even touch it.. they may not know the difference or something.. what parts of the test are you failing on and whats your readings?

well i changed the cat to obd2 and it helped a little but it still isn't enough and i found out it was the wrong computer and and the vtec wasn't connected either

since you say air fuel mixture is off, i'd start with the o2 sensor.. its usually the culprit

well, start with the right ecu and wire vtec.. run a p28 ecu

Back