Need Help On Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarkeyT

I have a 98 civic hx i just blew the head gasket and warped the block. on my d16y8. im picking up a B18ls non v i would like to know a complte list of what i would need to do the swap im very new to the honda thing but ive been in the car would for some time now. im trying to do it on a budget. meaning my tax return. so super custom parts are out of the question. thanks for all your help.

There are a few corners to cut but to keep it simple....get a OBD2 B18B. Get the COMPLETE Swap. With the wiring harness (although you could use the d16y8..but its VTEC)

OBD2 B18B1 Long Block (Complete with Dizzy, Alt, Throttle Body, Injectors, sensors, etc)
Any B series Hydro Transmision
Mounts (5 total) Some of your D series may work but get the OEM mounts with the swap (if you can)
Wiring Harness
Shift Linkage
Axles
OBD2 B18B1 ECU

the harness wouldn't fit from that teg, its the 2 piece kind like the 92-95 civics. you would need 00 sir harness or just modify your own. which is pretty easy. hes right about the complete swap, that makes it easier then tracking down parts, but you will need a 00 sir upper mount bracket. i dont think your d series bracket lines up but check to be sure. but as long as you get the linkage, axles, mounts, and ecu with your swap you should be rollin. an integra rad would be a good idea also.
have fun, your gonna fucking love that extra torque.

Last edited:
I swapped a b18c1 in my 00 ek. which is almost exactly like your car minus vtec and I needed to replace the rear t bracket with a 99-00 si bracket. also the timing belt bracket will need to be from a 99-00 si or i believe a 94-97 delsol. The b series integra bracket did not fit on my crossmember.

i just bought a B18 from a 91 integra motor and trans. what do i do about the ecu. do i completely get rid of mine. like i said im very new to this.

Thats a pretty old motor (no matter how many supposed miles are on it). You being new at this, its a bad move in my opinion. You have an OBD0 swap and your car is OBD2. Its totally possible to make it work but you will need to become very educated on the conversions while you search for the correct parts. This is a total addition to the fact you still need to figure out how to swap it in the car. You have got yourself quite the project.

You need a different ECU, fuel injectors, alternator, distributor and most likely a variety of other parts. I apologize for not being educated enough on the swap but you might want to consider re-selling the swap you just bought and getting a better set up for you 1998 car. OBD2 is my opinion on your direction but OBD1 can be done too.

my promblem is money. ive been looking around and that was my cheapest motor. i cant find a vtec for under 1200 for just the motor. not the trans ecu axles

Back