need help on swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

I was just wondering what is the best car to swap in a DOHC ZC. I know most people would recommend a B-series instead but I'm very limited on cash right now and really want to try and do my own swap. I tried looking around on the site but didn't really find enough detail on it. So I was thinking something like either the 1st or 2nd gen integra or the 4th gen civic. Please if anyone had did the swap before, Give me some detail on it and what parts would be require for the swap. Thanks.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 13 2004, 12:04 PM
the best a car would be what your name says an EF civic or CRX
[post=402138]Quoted post[/post]​

what would i need to get to complete the swap?

Originally posted by EFB18A1+Oct 14 2004, 01:44 AM-->
brian11to1
@Oct 13 2004, 12:04 PM
the best a car would be what your name says an EF civic or CRX
[post=402138]Quoted post[/post]​

what would i need to get to complete the swap?
[post=402457]Quoted post[/post]​

anyone know? the question is "what would i need to swap in a zc motor into the 88-91 civic hatchback?" would i need to swap the axles or anything like that? I'm kind of looking for a simple swap or a direct drop in.

Its a direct fucking swap... its basically a D series to beigne with. Mounts are the same, wiring (unless its a DX) is the same, your PM6 (si) ECU will work, the ZC ecu will plug into your wiring... it isnt that hard/

Quesion. Did you ever bother checking the FAQ's before posting?

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 15 2004, 09:55 PM
Its a direct fucking swap... its basically a D series to beigne with. Mounts are the same, wiring (unless its a DX) is the same, your PM6 (si) ECU will work, the ZC ecu will plug into your wiring... it isnt that hard/

[post=403252]Quoted post[/post]​

did you ever think about not being a dick and just helping someone who obviously is new to this stuff better his knowledge on the subject?

Originally posted by ryangt+Oct 15 2004, 10:08 PM-->
brian11to1
@Oct 15 2004, 09:55 PM

[post=403252]Quoted post[/post]​

did you ever think about not being a dick and just helping someone who obviously is new to this stuff better his knowledge on the subject?
[post=403281]Quoted post[/post]​

actually i did try looking on the FAQ's but it didn't give me enough details but anyways thanks for the help guys.

oh yeah, you bought up about the dx. so if i was to swap it into a dx or the civic standard, what would i need to change? the si ecu and maybe the axles, hubs and half shaft?

If you put it into a Standard or DX you owuld need to rewire for MPFI on both but on the Standard (or HF) you would need to swap in either DX or Si hubs, use Si or DX axles.

There is no halfshaft on most D series with the acception of the DOHC ZC or D16A1 (1st gen Integra Engine).

Sorry if I came off as an asshole... but it seems no one wants to try to search for the problem or question they are having... Im sorry, I apologize.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 16 2004, 05:02 PM
If you put it into a Standard or DX you owuld need to rewire for MPFI on both but on the Standard (or HF) you would need to swap in either DX or Si hubs, use Si or DX axles.

There is no halfshaft on most D series with the acception of the DOHC ZC or D16A1 (1st gen Integra Engine).

Sorry if I came off as an asshole... but it seems no one wants to try to search for the problem or question they are having... Im sorry, I apologize.
[post=403477]Quoted post[/post]​

its ok. i know what u mean. i seen a lot of those ppl here. but my question now is. so would it be a direct bolt on if i wanted to swap in the dohc zc, because that's the zc i've been having in mind. i want to swap in a dohc zc in a 4th gen ef hatchback not really knowing which one im going to get yet though. hopefully i can find a good deal on a si but if not i guess im getting a dx or standard. thanks for all the info so far though. i really appreciate it.

As long as its a real JDM DOHC ZC and not a D16A1 it will (which came out of 87-89 Integra's)... the way it mounts is different... Otherwise a JDM ZC is a direct drop in with minor wiring mods such as DPFI - MPFI conversion etc...

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 17 2004, 02:11 PM
As long as its a real JDM DOHC ZC and not a D16A1 it will (which came out of 87-89 Integra's)... the way it mounts is different... Otherwise a JDM ZC is a direct drop in with minor wiring mods such as DPFI - MPFI conversion etc...
[post=403709]Quoted post[/post]​

ok man, thank u guys.

Back