need help picking intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trash man

who put the "S" in lisp?
I can't decide between the Edelbrock Performer X or the Skunk2. I was hoping someone had some experience with both. I'm doing a turbo/LS swap into my EG here in the next few weeks and just need to get my ducks in a row. Is the Edelbrock really worth the $100+ extra or would the Skunk2 work fine? Any help is appreciated.

I was just more wondering about the runner length because for turbo you want long runners, right?

I was just more wondering about the runner length because for turbo you want long runners, right?

Ive always been told that for a turbo setup you want a large plenum and short runners, and for N/A its the other way around.

the intake manifold shouldnt be one of your main concerns when building a boost setup. your power and efficiency will be determined mainly by the strength of your bottom end, and the tuning

well, my whole engine is built. i haven't made it far enough in the build to factor in tuning yet. i just wanted to make sure the components i was picking were going to work well together. you know how it is.....so many manufacturers for the same part, if one works as well as the other and the money isn't in the budget, you gotta compromise. i just hope i'm compromising in the right places.

My personal opinion is go with the Skunk 2 that is what I have on my Teg. Edelbrock has been making stuff for years but there main target area is V8 muscle cars. They have just in the last couple years started getting into the import scene. Skunk 2 on the otherhand focuses on imports they have more experience in the import line. Not saying edelbrock isn't a good name brand just saying I would trust someone that specializes in imports and has since the beginning over a company that that has less experience in the import market.

My personal opinion is go with the Skunk 2 that is what I have on my Teg. Edelbrock has been making stuff for years but there main target area is V8 muscle cars. They have just in the last couple years started getting into the import scene. Skunk 2 on the otherhand focuses on imports they have more experience in the import line. Not saying edelbrock isn't a good name brand just saying I would trust someone that specializes in imports and has since the beginning over a company that that has less experience in the import market.

I don't know why you don't want to trust Edelbrock. I got the Victor X manifold on my teggy and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for a Skunk 2. Not that i don't like Skunk 2 or anything. It just works a whole lot better than Skunk 2. The skunk 2 manifold is nothing but a ITR manifold redesign for better flow. The Edelbrock Victor X works great for me because my motor is setup for turbo but not running turbo yet and the manifold works its magic like they say. The Victor X manifold works great for all motor too. you just lose a little in the bottom end of the rpm but gain alot during the mid to high rpm. Here in NC I know that RLZ Engineering and Blue Ridge Motorsports uses the Victor X manifold on both their drag civic.

You guys really need to stop being brand whores and, rather, look at the products themselves.

Skunk2 = Designed for Natural Aspiration.
Edelbrock = Designed for Forced Induction

Look at the plenum and runner length. Your answers are there. :)

thank you.. as said in post #2, but not in as much detail

Skunk2 isn't too bad on a turbo car, if you are trying to keep as much low/midrange power as possible for a road race/autox car or mild mannered street car. If you are going for all out peak power at high rpms then go with a big plenum manifold like the Edelbrock. A good exhaust manifold and good intake manifold can make a huge difference in power output on a turbo car though. Some guys will try to put a big turbo on a car with less than stellar supporting parts and make less power than a guy running a generic T3/T4 with good parts around it.

Skunk2 isn't too bad on a turbo car, if you are trying to keep as much low/midrange power as possible for a road race/autox car or mild mannered street car. If you are going for all out peak power at high rpms then go with a big plenum manifold like the Edelbrock. A good exhaust manifold and good intake manifold can make a huge difference in power output on a turbo car though. Some guys will try to put a big turbo on a car with less than stellar supporting parts and make less power than a guy running a generic T3/T4 with good parts around it.

you should be restricted frrom giving advice for a bit--that was pure retardation. for those concerned with this topic of "which brand is better" take blancos advice. couldnt have said it better myself. its all about plenum runner length, and what type of setup youre running. but once again, unless you have a seriously maxed out build, your IM shouldnt be a major concern on a boost setup. be smart. spend the extra $ from the manifold on proper software/tuning

Back