1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help please...91ef with b16 swap

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 91efhatchb16, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 91efhatchb16

91efhatchb16 New Member

I really can't afford a new tool set since mine got stolen but I'm goin to pull my ys1 trans out in the bcuz its loosing 5th gear...it even grinds while its ideling...my buddy has a trans from a b18 I'm using but I need like a list of socket sizes and any other things that would make this much easier.....any help would b appreciated =)

2. 91efhatchb16

91efhatchb16 New Member

Thanks guys big help...I'm putting a b18 ls cable trans on which I'm hopeing works...what about gear oil? What weight nd how many bottles?

3. primeredseol

primeredseol New Member

best thing to do would be to go to Honda and buy the fluid directly from them. They will give you the correct weight and proper amount for your transmission.

4. 91efhatchb16

91efhatchb16 New Member

Perfect...so the trans I'm putting in is a s1 if I'm not mistaken...and I was told that will slow the car down some nd not have as much pickup is that true?

5. primeredseol

primeredseol New Member

^ yes, somewhat because the LS gearing is longer than the B16. youll get better highway gas mileage though if im not mistaken.

6. 91efhatchb16

91efhatchb16 New Member

Ok many thanx for everybodys help=)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted