Need help please !!! D16y8 into 88 ef hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi my name is eddy i have a 88 civic hatch with a d15b2 5 speed cable tranny non vtec. i just bought a D16y8 swap. i have been told that i can run it with my obd0 harnes but i wont have vtec. i took D15b2 out all ready took the tranny of the d15 to put it on the D16y8 and it will not fit.. plz i need help this is my daily driver to school. :(

the 88 transmission input shaft will not fit into the 89 and up clutch disc - the 88 used a 21 spline input shaft where the 89 and up used a 20 spline - the easiest thing to do would be to swap your 88 flywheel and clutch assembly onto the Y8 engine, however, you would be giving up a little with regard to the clutch size - the 88 used a 200 mm diameter clutch and the Y8 used a 212 mm diameter clutch

i still have the d15b2 with tranny and my d16y8 also with its original hydro tranny both motors have their own tranny both are pulled out and sitting in my garage. what would u recommend me to do and what will it take ? also thank u so much for replying means alot dude... am only 16 and i have bought all of this my self working a part time job

do you have every thing that goes with your d16y8 ? if so just drop it in and run your vtec....your going to probably have to change out your engine mounts..just run your full d16y8 and tranny that came on it.

well i have the full motor but no wiring i could use my obd0 harnes plus i dont got money to go obd1 or to buy new mounts to go hydro. so i will be doing what jilicrx told me to do. swapin the 88 flywheel and clutch assembly. am not planing on being sohc ither

as far as your wiring goes you should probably make a jumper harness for ur injectors since your going to be mpfi now and that would take care of the whole obdo to obd1 problem but u still wont have vtec. i would honestly go on craigslist and find a shop around u that does aftermarket ecu's i would recommend a p28 chipped ecu for u you can get it purchased tuned and installed for like 100 to 150 bucks and that would fix all of your problems

the thing is am running low on cash so am just trying to get it tp where it is atleast drivable then as i go on and get more money ill start doing things to it. but someone told me that i can run it with my harness (obd0) that i dont need to do shit to it.. im tryin to run cheap for now

ok its me epic failure honda this is my new account cause my old one got hacked......and my swap went well a few problems here and there but it went well.. i got a little problem now with fuel pump

Back