Need Help Please With b16a Swap!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89EFSedan

ok i have a few questions that i am stuck with. the car is a 89 sedan dx model, mpfi has been wired and i had ran the vtec wires and knock sensor wires, only problem i am having is with the motor mounts i can really use the help i am trying to have my car up and running by this monday so all the help will be gladly appreciated!!! i can be pm'd here or emailed @ dreday6i9@yahoo.com Thanks in advance!!!

1st. is the rear mount im not sure if its the right one or what? it fits perfect with no banging down the cross member. heres a pic.
Photo-0084.jpg

2nd. is which mount is this? where does it need to be placed?
Photo-0082.jpg

3rd. this is the top tranny mount, its pretty crooked!..but i believe its the stock mount from a 90-93 integra. which mount would i need to get to have it line up right?
Photo-0083.jpg

advice for the 1st: the only way I could get either of my b16s in was to put the mount with the rear bracket in after the motor was in. then I put the rear mount in. I always take the rear bracet off because I dont want to mess anything up on the firewall when dropping it in. with the 2nd pic: thats the trans mount, but whether its the one you need or not, I wouldnt be able to tell ya unless I was there. and that 3rd pic really doesnt look safe lol, hopefully the mount from pic 2 is the one you need. good luck

picture 1 does appear to be the correct rear bracket. picture 2 is a side tranny mount for a cable trans into an EF. from the picture i cant tell if that is a cable or hydro trans you have though. if you have a hydro transmission then you need a hydro mount.

thanks for the info guys, i believe its a cable, in the book it said something about 3holes on the top of the tranny and it matched the picture when i looked at it, so i think i might have a hydro mount instead of a cable tranny mount maybe?..thanks for the help tho guys!!

Back