need help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello I have a 1990 honda accord and really wanting to do a motor swap,but Im having a problem with getting correct info. I have been told that I can do an h22 vtech swap in my car. what I need is info to get this job done right. I have an f22a1 in my car now. So please I really need some good and helpful info. Thanks

It's one of the easiest swaps that you can do. It's a bolt-in affair; no after-market engine mounts are needed. The only thing you'll need to do is make some wiring changes. Please run a search on this, it's been covered many times here...

thanks for the advise also check out both but kinda wanting to do the h22 vtech since i have the motor already but got 1 more question i do have to change ecu right

You will have to get the ecu for it, even if you want to run v-tec. Your stock F22 and H22 have different maps. You can even get a P28 modified to data log, tune and mapped to run your engine. It'll be nice if you decide to run a turbo or go all motor.

look on the block, on the back usually above the oil filter.

B18C_ks_1.jpg

If you have this port, it has a knock sensor.

Now I read about using the prelude inner axle shaft on my swap would you all that has done this swap recommend me to do that. I was plan on doing that since I have the wrecked prelude at the shop. Just wanting to do this swap right the first time without having to go back and redoing something I should have done in the first place. I plan on using the suspension and the 4 disc breaks as well. I'm putting more power in the car so I wanna make sure I can stop as well lol.

Back