1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP REAL BAD.....

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by reemo_2001, Jun 30, 2004.

1. reemo_2001

reemo_2001 Member

Hello hondaswap experts, I have a 93 si hatch and the fuse in the engine bay for the headlights blow out whenever I turn on the headlights only. If I just turn on the parking lights everything is cool, but the minute I turn on the headlights I can hear the fuse under the hood pop :angry: . Has anyone ever had this problem? Or does anyone know how I can fix this problem or where to start? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. No information is too obvious for me, pretend that your talking to a 4 yr old! lol :D

2. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

i would start at the headlights.. find the B+ and take a DVOM (didgital Ohm Volt Meter) and swich it so it will check for cotinuity. so it makes a BEEEEP when theres a complete circuit.. stick one prong in the B+ and touch the other to ground, do this for both left and right sides, if u get a beep then ur shorting out somewhere between where the wire connects to the fuse and where it connects to the headlight... i would trace back and follow the wire, it might be not too fun cuz its all in the harness but if u wana figure it out thats wut u g2 do. good luck
    Tyler

3. reemo_2001

reemo_2001 Member

Thanks Tyler, I'll be checking that today after work.

4. reemo_2001

reemo_2001 Member

Do you think I need to change the light switch on the steering column? because I tried what you said and no beeps.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted