need help Replacing a water pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vagrnt

hello all.

i am trying to replace a timing belt on my 91 crx d15 motor i have loosed the timing belt removed the alternator belt, upper timing cover. i am now stuck on the lower crankshaft pulley bolt i have jammed up the cam gear with a bar and i crank away at the bolt but all i get is a poping noise when it turns i think i am moving the whole pulley even with the cam jammed up.. i have put it into fifth gear like many had suggested in other posts.. i do not have access to an impact wrench or air compressor to use with one. i think i am just jumping teeth on the timing belt. i also tired jamming the lower pulley but looks like i am starting to damage the hole... please if anyone has any other ideas please help. o by the way i am rotating it counter clock-wise.. here is a video link of what is going on...

thanks again

Video of crankshaft pully bolt - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I believe there is a tool that you can buy specifically designed for this job of removing that bolt. It holds the pulley in place while allowing you to turn the bolt. Also, there should be a flywheel cover that can be removed. You can use a big screwdriver in the teeth of the flywheel to keep it from moving. If all else fails, put the wheels back on, and drive the car up onto ramps. Put the car in 5th gear and crank away. Having the weight of the car on (BOTH) wheels allows the weight of the car and the mechanical advantage of 5th grear to keep the crank from turning.

bad idea about the starter and id you put the car in gear you still have to take up all the drive line tension and compress the springs in the clutch to get it to where it wont spin you need air and a impact that is the only way you will get tis thing off i own a 3/4in that i purchased when i couldnt get one off

1/2 impact...

well i just went out and bought a DEWALT 1/2 inch inpact wrench $179.. from Lowes.. now this thing says it has 325lb of torque it is electric so i know that it wont have as much power as a air powered impact wrench... and oh snap.. no luck... this thing is beginning to be a nightmare... all this non-sense for a 24 dollar water pump. so i called the honda dealer and of course they want 400 bucks to replace it oh yah and before i forget to mention they will only use OEM honda parts... not the parts that i have already purchased... come on guys i need some real help.... any 300 pound Samoan out there wanna give me a hand.. by the way i thought i was going to break my wrist trying to get this bastard off..... well hope help comes soon..

thanks again people....

cpt.jpg

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Do a search for Honda Crank Pulley and it'll come up. They have a couple different styles too.

well that looks like a tool that i might need to get this bolt off... hmmm what is the name of it? Also i was just quoted $269 to replace water pump and timing belt...

Back