1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help replacing VTEC solenoid gasket

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by BigBoy, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BigBoy

BigBoy Senior Member

I see theres 3 bolts holding it in, but i cant get to it because of the coolant hose. I unscrewed the hose and the coolant started pouring out from the radiator. Is this ok as long as I fill it back up at the end? Also, how long do i have to wait for the engine to cool off before taking off the radiator cap?

2. B16CRX

B16CRX Senior Member

Yes. That is fine. Just let the car idle with teh raiator cap off and as the fluid lowers, fill it until you cant fill anymore. Is your vtec solenoid leaking oil for sure? Is this on a D series?

3. BigBoy

BigBoy Senior Member

no its on a b16a1. Yea im pretty sure its the solenoid gasket, but im gonna change the cam seal at the same time. Thanks!

4. donballesteros1

donballesteros1 New Member

Hi. I'm in Abilene, TX. I've also got a b16a1 in my '91 integra gs 4door. My solenoid gasket is also leaking. Would you let me know where I can find or order this part?

5. donballesteros1

donballesteros1 New Member

solenoid gasket

Thanks. I've tried both '94-'95 Del Sol VTEC and the '99-'00 Civic Si. There's a slight difference. I'll email you a picture of the one I've got (probably around the 8th of Jan) and you'll see. The difference I've seen from the above mentioned cars is that mine has a steady curve to both eyelets on one side and one of the eyelets (the smaller round one) has a built in wire-mesh bowl.
    :confused:

6. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

its not. the old B16's (1st gen) have a different VTEC solenoid gasket. if i recall corectly, the proper part to buy was from the NSX.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted