Need help replacing VTEC solenoid gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

I see theres 3 bolts holding it in, but i cant get to it because of the coolant hose. I unscrewed the hose and the coolant started pouring out from the radiator. Is this ok as long as I fill it back up at the end? Also, how long do i have to wait for the engine to cool off before taking off the radiator cap?

Yes. That is fine. Just let the car idle with teh raiator cap off and as the fluid lowers, fill it until you cant fill anymore. Is your vtec solenoid leaking oil for sure? Is this on a D series?

no its on a b16a1. Yea im pretty sure its the solenoid gasket, but im gonna change the cam seal at the same time. Thanks!

Hi. I'm in Abilene, TX. I've also got a b16a1 in my '91 integra gs 4door. My solenoid gasket is also leaking. Would you let me know where I can find or order this part?

solenoid gasket

Thanks. I've tried both '94-'95 Del Sol VTEC and the '99-'00 Civic Si. There's a slight difference. I'll email you a picture of the one I've got (probably around the 8th of Jan) and you'll see. The difference I've seen from the above mentioned cars is that mine has a steady curve to both eyelets on one side and one of the eyelets (the smaller round one) has a built in wire-mesh bowl.
:confused:

its not. the old B16's (1st gen) have a different VTEC solenoid gasket. if i recall corectly, the proper part to buy was from the NSX.

Back