Need help SHould i Buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asianboi

This guy is selling a 97 del sol with 281,000 miles on it. It passed the smog check and he is selling it for 1850. Should i buy it? how long does an engine usually last? The engine and the body has no problems right now? what should i do? 1800.00 seems very cheap no? Please give me advice i am previewing the car in a few days thank you. I am looking for a commuter car.

what color is it ? what base is it- s -si or dohc vtec. is it a 5spd and what shape is the body and inside in

thats a ridiculous amount of miles imo... having said that i sold a crx last year with 230k miles for 2500 + a trade.

it just depends on alot of things. engines can last forever if they are well maintained.

find out what motor it has, because that would change the price id pay alot.

280k is pushing it.. I've personally seen a honda at 365k. But thats an exception.. Clearly the car is well maintained or it wouldnt have lasted that long. Even so, its going to need a rebuild soon. Personally, I'd compression check the motor, check for rust and repaired crash damage. Drive it and shift it at high revs, see if the trans is still tight. If all checks out ok, have at it. But do realize that you will be rebuilding the motor in the next year or two. That'd be my guess, anyway.

if the body is decent then get it, thats not a bad price for a good shell.. you can always swap another motor ..

Back