need help swaping tranys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr fix it

WELL I'M PUTING THIS UP AGAIN BECAUSE I NEED HELP!!!!!!
What I have is a 1989 honda cvic lx. the previous owner put a 70 HP d15b1 HATCHBACK ENGINE in it well i've been runing it with that for the past 5 years. the horsepower is terible but it works. Now I have a very bad main seal leak! and my alternator is squealing horibly. so I want to change my engine to the 102 HP d15b7. the problem is that the car has an automatic transmition in it. and the new engine has a standard on it. QUESTIONS, HOW HARD IS IT TO SWAP? DO YOU KNOW IF IT WILL WORK? IS THERE A BOOK I CAN USE TO HELP ME? IS THERE ANY SITES I CAN LOOK AT?

Last edited:
Please clarify here, I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Are you asking how hard is it to convert your car to a manual transmission? You do realize that you don't have to convert your car to manual to run the D15B7 right? If you want to keep your automatic you can easily do that, the new motor should bolt up to whatever transmission you have in there as long as it's a d-series and you're using an automatic d-series computer.

why not just slap the manual tranny on the new motor instead of switching to auto

Please clarify here, I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Are you asking how hard is it to convert your car to a manual transmission? You do realize that you don't have to convert your car to manual to run the D15B7 right? If you want to keep your automatic you can easily do that, the new motor should bolt up to whatever transmission you have in there as long as it's a d-series and you're using an automatic d-series computer.

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!!!!:) :) :)
Yes I was asking how hard it was to swap,but I forgot to ask if you could put the auto trany on it. Just in case I need the info how hard is it to swap over to a manual?
THANKS A-LOT
MR FIX IT

Back