need help to convert to wider 4-lug

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxz6

i came up on a set of 4-lug type r wheels for hella cheap ($300), but i knew they would fit because of the wider lug patern. what do i need to convert my 90 crx si to the wider lug patern so i can fit these bad ass wheels. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be quite honest, im not sure it can be done.

on a 5th gen, youd need to run the entire trailing arms, lca's, and so forth.

on a 4th gen, the parts simply don't line up.

It can be done...The 114.5mm-spaced wheels are from the 96 spec JDM ITR as you probably know, and the conversion from your 4 x 100 to 4 x 114.5 is almost exactly like doing the 4 x 100 to 5 x 114.5 found on the later ITRs. You can buy the suspension parts you need from www.passwordJDM.com for $499, and instructions for doing the installation can be adapted from www.G2IC.com on the forums. Some machining will be required, but everything you need to know can be found with a little searching. There is also a thread about the 5-lug conversion on www.honda-tech.com specifically for the EF civic/CRX. Like I said, this is almost exactly the same as the wider 4-lug conversion. When you're finished, the side effect will be astounding braking (this is why most people do the conversion in the FIRST place). Maybe some pictures of EFs w/ 5 lug would help motivate you?

fb4a129e.jpg

fb4a1299.jpg

fb4a118b.jpg

fb4a118a.jpg

Here's the link to the Honda-Tech thread I mentioned. You may have to register to see it, but like most forums, it's free.

Additional parts you may need: Integra master cylinder and brake booster, Integra proportioning valve, ITR LCAs.

If you do decide to go through the work of this conversion, document it well and make an article please. I'm sure it would be well recieved by the people who said it isn't possible.

-Joe

i've been looking for those wheels for some time now.. where did you get them? please tell me you got them online..

Back