Need help unscrewing a nut bolt!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buktheng

I was trying to unscrew this nut bolt that helps keep the front bumper on and it the top of the nut bolt decided to break and leave the screw stuck in the hole. So I figured I can try to drill a needle in there and try to drill it out but no luck. Any suggestions and what I can buy to help me get it out? Need help quick!

go to the hardware store and get an easy out/screw extracter/what ever you want to call it set. just make sure you get the hole drilled straight into the screw. if the screw is sticking up like...1/4 in then see if you can get a pair of vise grips on it and take it out. you can also take a hammer and some type of punch (if its not sticking up) and give it a few good taps to break the rust/whatever is holding it in the hole loose hope this helps!

Let it soak with PB Blaster and get a left handed drill bit. Usually that is enough to get it turning, if not try an ez out. Although I find they rarely work properly. If it comes down to it, drill it all the way out to the threads and use a tap to get the threads out of whatever it is screwed into.

liquid wrench or any thing that eats rust.. leave it over night and try again if that dosnt work , easy out(though it hasnt worked well for me), other than that ..just dont strip it to leave all options open

Back