need help w/d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95ds

first off i wana say im new to honda so im in need of some advise. k guys i just bought a 93 sol that has a d16z6 . the kid i bought it off of said that he bought it a year ago n it had a nos setup in it. he told me that the guy he got it from had raced it n blown the motor. then replaced it. the new engine is only spose 2 have 50k on it. the nos setup and cai was stolen wile he had it parked at walmart 4sale (a week b4 i got it). anyway i drove it home and the v-tec doesn't seem 2 be working. i also did a comp test on it and all cyl read 115psi. that is very low but it still runs great, except for v-tech prob, and doesn't smoke at all nor is it losin any coolant. i put a new cai on it and it has a 4-2-1 header wit 2-1/4 catback system. k the questions i have is could the low comp reading be because of the nos system that was installed and they built it wit a lower comp? and is there anyway for me to tell. and any idea y the v-tec not workin? the check engine light is not on. thanx in advance

Back