1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help w/swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by crxpowa89, Oct 12, 2008.

1. crxpowa89

crxpowa89 New Member

Yeah, I know it looks like my first post but its not. I dont remember my old sn. I've already did the searches and couldnt get a direct answer. I'm doing my swap next week and i need your help please. Here are my questions I need help with:
    -I'm swapping a 2000 b16a2 w/hydro tranny into a 89 crx si;
    1)Can I use the cv boots that came with the motor or do I have to buy different ones such as the 90-92 integra cv boots. If not what kind of oem axles do i need to buy? I know hasport carries them but its cost too dang much.

2)Since i'm swapping a 2000 b16a2 do i need to swap out the left motor mount bracket off the motor, and if so what car/motor would i replace it with. That goes same with the rear bracket?

Thanks for your help! I've done months of researching on the net and on HS. Most answers come off different motors and trannys, and I dont want to waste money buying the wrong parts. Please dont bash on me about using the search tool, because I believe I hold the record for most use of that tool.

2. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

you'll need a mount kit with a hydro conversion, shift linkage that's either 90-93 integra shortened or aftermarket. the post mount on the timing belt side of the motor from a 90-93 'teg. you'll need a obd-0 to obd-2b conversion harness (or back date the motor to obd-1 and buy the obd-0 to obd-1 harness.) you'll need axles from, you guessed it, a 90-93 integra, then you need to pry off the dust seal on your hubs. you'll either need to rewire your harness for the obd2 injectors and alternator, or change them to the 90-93 'teg peices. you'll also need to extend the fan switch wires and oil pressure wire, and extend your o2 sensor wire, then add the other three. you'll need to buy a speed sensor from a 90-93 integra as the electronic one in the hydro trans wont drive your cable speedo.

3. crxpowa89

crxpowa89 New Member

Are you sure the axle from a 90-93integra will fit? Because I'm using a hydro tranny not a cable tranny. And what did you mean it had to be shortened?

I have all the other parts already, such as the hydro kit, the conversion harness for the obd0-obd1, etc.

thanks for the info brokenrex!!

4. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

the axles will depend on the intermediate shaft you have. if it has the one that came in the 99-01 Si, then you'll need the driver side axle from a 94-01 'teg, if it came off of a 90-93 'teg, you need the 90-93 piece. the passenger side needs a 90-93 axle no matter what trans you use.

as for the linkage, what i meant was that the integra linkage is too long for your EF, and as such will need to be shortened. you'll need to cut it in a straight portion of the rods and weld it back together after removing a short section (the exact amount i'm unsure of, as i've never actually done this due to the ease of option2.) or option2 is to buy premade linkage for $100-$150 from most companies that make mounts. the reason i lean towards this is that you get a brand new swivel joint, most used linkage will have some wear, and make the shifter feel sloppy, even when in gear.

5. crxpowa89

crxpowa89 New Member

Since I have the shaft of a '00 si, will I have to modify the 94-01 integra to fit my 89 crx si hubs? Thanks for the answers. So hasport has a stock axle for over $300.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted