Need help with 97 civic b18 swap engine wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darkstar7

This seems to be a common trouble spot with most swaps so I was hoping sopmeone might be able to help me out. I have a 97 civic with a 96 ls dropped into it. The car runs fine as is but thier are a large amount of wires unhooked. Something you'll have to keep in mind is that I didn't do the swap so I don't know exactly whats hooked up and what isnt. The most important things would be the o2 sensors and the throttle body positioning sensor. Any help would be great.

if the car runs fine and there is no check engine light then dont worry about it...if you are then figure out which engine harness they used on the swap, get yourself a helms, look up the wiring diagram and figure out which sensor/plugs are not hooked up

The car runs as is, and the check engine light is on. What I primarily need help with is hooking up the o2 sensors and the throttle body positioning sensor. It feels like it could run a little better if these things were hooked up. currently i have no cats, and i have tried hooking a code reader to it but it wont even read the codes.

im also having a problem with my swap but im wondering how to wire the crank position sensor??? im using my stock dx harness but i notice that the sensor on dx has three wire plug and the b18b1 has two wire plug?? what do i do to fix the wiring on this motor or send me in the right direction

Back