need help with 97 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a 1997 civic ex and im sick of the dang d series engine as u know the 97 civic ex came stock with a d16y8 and this car has gone threw 2 of those and i just blew up the d16z6 im sick of d series what year b series would almost match up besides some parts i had a 1992 integra with a b18a1 and that ran a lot better then this junk lol any suggestions what swap i should do :confused:

So it's "from JDM" huh? Well shit, it must be good stuff then!

Anyway, this section of the forum is for questions regarding 2001+ Civics, so I'm moving this thread to the correct forum for you...

k ty lol wasnt sure where to post it and yea completely built by jdm im just waiting on purchising it cause i want to make sure it will be good to build from for a riping civic lol was going to do the h22 but dont want to do all the modifications and renforcing the front suspension

I would stick with the d series, they are cheaper to replace, since it seems you like to blow up engines. Doesnt matter what engine you have, if you dont know how to drive, they will all blow up. Its actually somewhat difficult to blow an engine. How did this happen?

iv never blew up one i got the car off a family member he has blown up 2 engines how i do not know lol and the car came with an engine and he told me the bottom end was good but the cam chewed up the head so i replaced the head but he didnt tell me he stripped out a bolt hole for the head in the block and im just tired of driving around sohcs i had a b18 dohc im my old integra and want that feeling back again the car is a project thats the only reason i bought it

If you have time and more importantly money you would like to invest into your project, go K20a. K stands for, killer motor. There is none better, in my opinion.

Back