need help with 97 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drewb808

sup hondaswap new to this site!!!!!!!!
need some help THX :D

i got a 97 integra ls it has a swapped b16a2 motor i bought it like this..
it has a p72 ecu and i was wondering if its compatible with the motor..
on a side note.. the engine has some leaks and i can smell oil burn only when vtec engages and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if it could be a head gasket leak or any other leaks. My engine bay is pretty messy..

Most likely a high mileage motor with worn valve guides and seats.

A messy engine bay is signs of carelss owners.... Just sayin :D

P72 : 94-95 OBD-1 Integra GSR
P72 : 96-00 OBD-2 Integra GSR

=====> B18C1

Hey,.. your 97' has the same swap mine has cept mine is a gsr.,..(i got it like that),. is there a jumper harness on the ecu,. if so then its the obd1 that's what mine had. Then the p72 failed,..I was driving it quite hard that night,...so i got on e-bay motors and got an ecu that was out of a type r b18,.... it works ,.. the v-tec kicks in at a higher rpm,.. and im sure there are fuel ratio and other stuff that are affected,...if you want to know the exact ecu for the motor there is a list in the tech and reference section here that will show that. The obd1 ecu' are good because you can chip them and then have them programmed to a butt hair .

I would say that you only smell oil burning after v-tec ,.. then check that the v-tec solenoid gasket (its like a rubber ring with a screen) is not leaking. Just guess on that ,...lol

Check to see that they did the motor mounts correct too I have had to jack around with those as well as the half shafts,...

let me know if that was of any help,...

Back