1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with 97 integra

Discussion in 'Integra' started by drewb808, Jun 14, 2011.

1. drewb808

drewb808 New Member

sup hondaswap new to this site!!!!!!!!
    need some help THX :D

i got a 97 integra ls it has a swapped b16a2 motor i bought it like this..
    it has a p72 ecu and i was wondering if its compatible with the motor..
    on a side note.. the engine has some leaks and i can smell oil burn only when vtec engages and I was wondering if anyone has any idea if it could be a head gasket leak or any other leaks. My engine bay is pretty messy..

2. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

Most likely a high mileage motor with worn valve guides and seats.

A messy engine bay is signs of carelss owners.... Just sayin :D

P72 : 94-95 OBD-1 Integra GSR
    P72 : 96-00 OBD-2 Integra GSR

=====> B18C1

3. maxbodyworks

maxbodyworks maxbodyworks

Hey,.. your 97' has the same swap mine has cept mine is a gsr.,..(i got it like that),. is there a jumper harness on the ecu,. if so then its the obd1 that's what mine had. Then the p72 failed,..I was driving it quite hard that night,...so i got on e-bay motors and got an ecu that was out of a type r b18,.... it works ,.. the v-tec kicks in at a higher rpm,.. and im sure there are fuel ratio and other stuff that are affected,...if you want to know the exact ecu for the motor there is a list in the tech and reference section here that will show that. The obd1 ecu' are good because you can chip them and then have them programmed to a butt hair .

I would say that you only smell oil burning after v-tec ,.. then check that the v-tec solenoid gasket (its like a rubber ring with a screen) is not leaking. Just guess on that ,...lol

Check to see that they did the motor mounts correct too I have had to jack around with those as well as the half shafts,...

let me know if that was of any help,...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted