Need help with a B16A1 after-swap glitch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Carl425

Okay, I put a JDM B16A1 w/J1 trans into an EDM rex and had a few minor glitches along the way but it runs. I have a irritating problem now that is proving difficult to diagnose. When it's cold it runs great but once it gets up to temperature it hesitates in the lower RPM's and has very little power. I know VTEC is working because it pulls good all way up to the rev limiter after about 5K RPM. I'm not getting a CEL and the solenoid itself checks good. I've read some posts about TPS sensors being off and I haven't timed it since I put it in but the way it runs when it's cold and when its in VTEC kind of rules both of them out. I took the dist. cap off and cleaned the posts inside and the rotor and it seemed to make a very small difference at first, but I think it was just my imagination. I have a coil off the ZC I yanked out of the car and the coil appears the same so I think my next step is to swap the coil since I've read a few posts about coils acting funny when they get hot.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or has had this problem, please let me know.

about the no power in low rpms.. does it sputter a bit.. if so your fuel pressure is probably set too high..

Doesn't really sputter just doesn't "go like it should" when I'm in that range. I'm using the stock FPR, so how would the FP be too high?

Back