1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with a swap

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by ARN1CK, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ARN1CK

ARN1CK New Member

i have a 97 Honda prelude base model that i bought with a blown engine my ? is that when i went to jdm engine depot i asked for an obd2 h22 because that is what i thought my prelude was but i noticed that my harness did not plug up to the distributer and the vtec oil pressure regulator solenoid thing but what i have noticed from pictures online it looks like it matches up...help what do i do i dont know if i need a jdm obd1 or a jdm obd2 sry im such a noob i tired searching but need desprate help with this swap

2. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck JDMDecals.com guru

you can swap the OBD2 parts onto a OBD1 motor.... not that hard

3. zulkara75

zulkara75 New Member

F22B SV4 1995 Swap to H22A Prelude 1998

Hai,
    Im Zul from Malaysia.Here i need some help about my engine swapping. My car Accord SV4 1995 F22B. I have bough a prelude 1998 half cut engined. What the problem here, the weiring of both model is not same. so,how can i proceed for weiring.For your information,the prelude engine come with semi-auto transmission. Also their power window where the prelude is a coupe type and SV4 is 4 door.How with the weiring?
    I hope you can help me to handle this problem.
    Thank you very much.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

There are two different versions of OBD2, the engine you bought might be different than the one you bought.

Either way, do what the other guy said, just transfer the accessories from your old motor over to the new one.

Start your own thread please. Don't butt in on other people's questions.

5. CubanSi

CubanSi New Member

Im getting a 89 HB Si n i want to swap a 01 H22 Type Sh on it, i would like to see how much money i would have to spend, and if i would be better of getting a different engine? I like these one cause its from a friend so he is giving it to me for wat he got it, help me out.

6. Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck JDMDecals.com guru

you need to look into a set of mounts, converterting your wiring harness from Dual Point to Multipoint.... then convert it to OBD1.... axles and hubs....

you have alot more to research there before jumping in

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Next time start your own thread. Don't butt in on other people's conversations.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted