need help with b18 swap in 90 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

onefast1100

i got the swap done and it starts and runs but when i hit the gas slow or fast at 3600 rpm it acts like the damn thing is hitting the rev limiter i dont know what the deal is if you have an idea shoot it to me please ryan

I've had the same problem for over a month now since I swapped my D15B Vtec into my Civic cept mine does it at 1500 rpm. I've done everything except check the ignition timing, which everybody says is most likely the problem. Try that, I'll be doing mine in a week or so when I have time.

tried the timeing and thats not it only code it pulls is the o2 sensor

Did you try actually doing something about the O2 sensor? If there's a problem with the sensor, then you're going to get a CEL. If you get a CEL, then your car may go into limp mode, which restricts the motor from revving too high, the idea being that you can still get it to a repair shop, but you're not going to be able to rev the motor up and cause any additional damage before the problem is fixed.

Is your check engine light on?

yes the check engine light is on and i talked to a couple of guys and they said the o2 sensor wouldnt do that but i will try to wire it up and see what happens thanks ryan

Back