Need help with b18a1 swap into 98 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jaiden101

I have a 98 civic ex without an engine right now and i also have a 91 integra ls with a b18a1 engine and a cable transmission, so i can take any of the parts i need out of the integra. I wanted to know what is all i would need to do the swap... Anyone willing to help thanx

It would be way too hard to swap that engine into your car, Im not saying it can't be done, but you would have to buy a crapload of stuff to make it work. The short list would be:
hasport ekstk mount kit ($450) with hasport egbcc ($200) these would be the mounts you would need to put the engine in the car, you would also need a rear engine bracket from 2000 civic Si (b16a2) (50-75 bucks)
you would be able to use the axles from the integra but you would need 94-01 integra shift linkage (100-200) in order to shift.
so you are at about 850
next comes the wiring: you would need first to get an ecu to run the car, pr4 ecu from a 98 integra would be optimal, (about 150) then you would need obd2 fuel injectors (100) and a wire harness if you dont have one (not sure on that price) and lastly an obd1 distributor for 92-95 integra(250)
so now you are over 1200
you will have to be pretty handy with wiring because some wires need to be run/changed for the distributor since the obd2 crank sensor would be on the oil pump while the obd1/0 has it in the distributor. You would have to re-wire the entire distributor and then run those 2 wires for crank sensor back to the dizzy.
After all of that you still run into the problem that you might end up with a check engine light for emissions since the obd0 integra engine would have any of the emission stuff that the newer ecu would look for
After all of that I cant guarantee youthat your top engine mount would work right because they changed them and the hasport mount kit doesnt specify if it supports the older b series engines.

Either way it would be well worth your time to find a complete swap from a 96+ integra, it would make your like alot easier.

about how much do you think it would cost for the labor? and would it be worth it? i mean speed wise... i'll post pics of both the cars soon, so u can see what im dealing with...

I have no clue what anyone would charge you to do it, Personally I probably wouldn't even touch it. I would sell the integra and puck up a complete swap from hmotors or another swap selling site and go that route.

Ok a buddy of mine wants to sell me his k20a3 with a 5 speed tranny for 700. Would that be a better/easier swap and what would i need in order to do it? I heard its more expensive but worth it.

K20a3 is not worth it at all, trust me it takes alot of work to get a K-series motor into an EG or EK. you'd be better off with a B18c or b20vtec. The only K-series motors that are really worth the trouble are K20a2, K20z1, K20a or K24a2.

Like above I agree with dark93dx, it would be even more work and gain you less. The only upside would be that down the road ifyou came across a k20a, you would be able to jsut swap it in, but other than that I would just go for b18c JDM type R, it would end up costing less and take less time to put in.

Back