1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with b18b1 build????

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by BBrowngsr, Sep 8, 2016.

1. BBrowngsr

BBrowngsr New Member

need so help with my build im doing a lsvtec turbo build looking to run a safe 450whp i have a b18b1 block darton sleeved i need to know what will be the best combo for pistons rods and main and rod barings i using the stock crank knowing that it should hold up to that much im using a..

gsr p72 head
    skunk2 intake manifold
    aem fuel rail and regulator
    chipped ecu

and i need help with the bottom end im looking at cp pistons wiseco pistons if there is any other brand that will work i wanna be on a bugget but if i have to i will go the extra mile ... also i going with eagle rods

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Lots of factors there and depends on what compression ratio you are looking for and how much boost, 450whp is almost 500 crank hp , will be overkill on a street car setup almost

3. BBrowngsr

BBrowngsr New Member

I was thinking about 12 to 16 pounds of boost and with stock compression or would it be more reliable to run lower compression???

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i good turbo street car IMO is around 9.5 CR. You'll make more power at 10, but you'll have better off-boost response than 9 and have some leeway for tuning error.

Tuning is key.
    you'll need some large injectors (750-1000 cc) and something better than a 'generic' chipped ecu if you don't want this thing to blow up.

I would advise something better than eagle rods if you're really looking to hit 500.

dilbeckskate likes this.
  5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

I say pick up a healthy b18b for less than rebuild cost and run a small 7-9psi with a good tune and have a reliable 300-330hp

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

dilbeckskate, Matts96HB and Briansol like this.
  7. BBrowngsr

BBrowngsr New Member

Now I looking for a solid 400 Now that I look at the town I in the power will be usless are golden eagle not reliable? witch rod would be preferred for this type of build?

8. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

Matt and I both used Eagle rods I believe. I'm running 9:1comp forged pistons but I'm staying non vtec so I'm just gonna feed my motor 20lbs of boost which will raise my effective compression significantly, making the lowered compression a good idea. Honestly for 400 I would copy Matt's build and use a slightly smaller turbo just so it spools faster since the extra power is mostly unnecessary without doing a lot of work to put it to the ground efficiently, otherwise it'll be a lot of one-wheel-peel.

dilbeckskate likes this.
  9. BBrowngsr

BBrowngsr New Member

Thank you guys helped a lot now that I know what direction I'm taking with my build I can move on with my build I will upload pics through out my build and keep you guys posted .....

dilbeckskate likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted