need help with b20 swapping into 95 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Abee95SI

Sorry kind of new to this but I have no clue what I need
to swap a b20 in my eg, I read alot of stuff but really
couldnt find specific answers, and how much will it cost
for parts? And how much should I charge someone to do it?
I'm really on a low budget that's why lol, anything will
help like a list of parts that I would need to get it done,
please help looking to get a b20 from tigerjapanese asap
thanks in advance

We need more specific info. Such as what Obd the motor will be.if u plan to do auto or stick? But general part mainly would stay stock. If goin with stick I would say get an ls tranny from a 94-01 integra. Then get the driver side motor mount bracket from the same integra. You'll also need a p75 ecu obd1 or 2 depending on your choice of motor. But like I said we need more info

Thanks for responding! That's the thing there's 2 b20 on the website one is long intake manifold and the other is short intake manifold the long im is $100 cheaper what's the difference? Idk what obd it will be but the motor is 97-00, the swap will be stick, and I keep reading stuff saying I will need a different im?

The motor is Obd 2 if it's 96-01. I don't remember ever hearing anything about the IM but all you'll need are axles half shaft tranny because I'm not sure the b20 tranny works. But other than that you should be pretty dropping in a bolt in swap

I didn't have clearance problems with my civic I don't see y u should? But if u want to do it for safety u can use an ls im

How much will all those parts cost? Used (maybe Craigslist)

I have an extra half shaft but I'm sure you can find most of this stuff at your local wrecker or junkyard.it also depend on what kind of budget your on.

Well I'm using my tax money lol but I have about 1200 to play with and want extra money left over, the motor will be about 680

You will probably spend another 300-400$ between parts and misc.stuff u might need in the end. But if u want a drop in swap with no prob I suggest an obd1 ls or maybe even a b16 if u want a little more horses and if ur budget allows it. Way easier swaps and basically drop in

Yea well I feel you with that aspect! But I do suggest the ls swap and they technically should be around the same price it would drop in and start up

I've had a b20 v not reliable only lasted about a year before she went.
:( then I decided to do an lsv and Ive had the motor for close to 2 year

Really? Is it like that for all b20v swaps or just the way u take care of it?

Not really sure but I always have heard that u have to do a basic rebuil of internals on the b20 block such as pistons,rods,arp rod bolts,SLEEVES AND BEARINGS WHICH ARE THE MAIN ISSUE.with the b20 so yea it also depends on how you take care of the motor and what kind of abuse it's taking daily!

Get an LS. Not much of a difference between the two engines, and you don't have to worry about finding a different IM or converting the harness since the LS can be had in OBD1 form.

So which way will be cheaper to go ls or b20? And I found
A guy with a complete b16 block minus the head for 300
is that a good deal? Came out of his 99 si with only 64k,
Should I get it?

The B18B1 would be your best bet, you can find complete swaps for pretty cheap and like said before its OBDI so wiring wont be an issue.

Back