Need Help With Belts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995EGGuy

Yea I need to know if anyone knows the right part numbers i need for the B16A-SIR II belts. Because two of the 94-97 Del sol DOHC VTEC and 99-00 Civic SI Belts didnt work. thanks

I just swapped a JDM 92 Civic SIRII B16A into my 91 Integra. Having trouble gettting it running, though, see below I swapped the B16A lower pulley for the stock b18A pulley and use the stock 91 Integra belt. I was forced. into this. i was going to use the B16A pulley and alternator, since it had a wider belt on the alternator, and the alt had lower miles, but I had to use the Integra PS pump and the PS belt would not line up witht the B16a Pulley. After I swapped the pulley back to the B18 pulley I had to swap back to my old V belt Integra alt., but it all lined up. I am waiting on an upper pS pump bracket. i think itis P54 (?) My B18 bracket would not bolt up to the B16 head, and to get the belt to line up when using the B16 upper bracket, I had to put a spacer between the pump and bracket, and use a longer bolt. Now the adjuster bolt does not line up. It works OK, just looks kinda ghetto, as thats one of the first things you see when opening the hood. I read somewhere to use the upper bracket off a GSR, which I think is a P54.

I recently bought a 1991 Acura Integra (OBD0) with a blown head gasket w/ 218k miles on the original B18A 1.8L, partially disassembled when I got it. I could not find a reasonably priced exact replacement, so on the advice of a "friend", I bought a 1992 Civic (OBD1)JDM B16A 1.6L w/ 41k miles. I guess I shouldn't be mad, asd I got a whole JDM clip for $850!!! I changed the water pump and timing belt. I did not verify the engine was at #1 TDC, I just swapped the belt w/ out moving the pulleys. When I swapped the original OBD1 distributor for an OBD0 VTEC dist., I also did not verify #1 TDC, I just put it on w/ out moving the dist or turning the engine and pointed the rotor to the same spot. I realize now that both of these were errors . I used the origianl B18 harness and injecors. I have an ECU that will enable me to run VTEC, but I haven't installd it yet. I have enough trouble without introducing another possible probelm. The trouble came getting the car running right/ It started up, but would not idle on its own, but would idle if the throttle was held. I ran the car awhile and tried several things to fix this. (In my haste, I forgot to look at the check engine light on th ECU to see if there were any codes, as itis under the carpet on th passenger footwell). I plan to check for codes tomorrow. I tried to drive the car, and I got to about 20 mph and the engine died. It did not make any horrendous noises or anything, it just died. It would turn over, but not start. I tried to start it maybe three times, and now it will not even turn over. The battery is not dead, but I put a charger just to be sure. I am going to check the starter and timing tomorrow. Part of the problem is the previous owner yanked all of the vacuum lines w/ out marking them when he pulled the intake.Any advice?

take the old belts to the parts store with you. If nothing else, the belts can be measured and similar sized ones can be used. any parts store you go to should have a belt measuring tool to get the sizes of the ones you already have. keep in mind that they do streach a little over time. If you are replacing the belt because it broke, disreguard this and try a little preventive maitenence by replacing the belt before it breaks next time.

Back