Need help with brake lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MMorrisey7

I drive a 93 Civic DX 5-spd coupe. None of my brakelights are coming on. Recently had a cd-player installed and not sure if any of the wiring would affect the brakes but also checked all the fuses and they are good. Could it be the switch under the brake pedal?

I just had the same exact problem two months ago...I pulled the switch and tested it with a multi tester and it worked fine. I put it back in and still had the same problem so I checked it with a test light and the switch was bad. It had an intermitent problem that the multi tester didnt pick up. Check it with a test light first. You can pick up the switch at autozone for like $11.

start by getting a test light,go under the dash and check to see if you have power on one side of the switch,if so,push on the pedal to see if it lights up on bth sides,if not,replace the switch.keep posting on it and ill keep an eye out if more help is needed

NOTE:beware of the switch adjustment,and the stop plate for the switch,theres a rubber stopper that dries out and falls out,I used a short 10mm nut and bolt to replace it

ok I will try these things tomorrow. we'll see what happens...I'm wondering though if there is even a possibility that some wiring from where the radio was put in could be doing it? I will keep u updated on the switch thing tomorrow.

I dont think anything from the stereo would have any affect on the brakes. It is probably just a coincidence that your brake switch went bad after you installed the stereo.

I promise I will get to this, I had to fix a tire today. One thing at a time but I WILL post the results on the switch when I change it. Thank u for all ur input guys. Keep checking back, it will be done here in the next couple days.

sounds like ur car caught my cars disease....fix one thing so another can break syndrome. I am not any help, but I do empathize with you. Sorry to here it

Back