1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with buying '93 canada made si hb

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by The_MATRIX, Nov 12, 2002.

1. The_MATRIX

The_MATRIX Junior Member

Im looking to buy this 93 si hb but the info I get is that it doesn't have vtec?

I thought all the 92-95 si hb were vtec?

Also, it is canada manufactured/sold and wanted to know if that matters, or if the info I have is wrong and it is vtec.

Also, if someone has a carfax account and could run the vin for me I'd appreciate it

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

If the valve cover says VTEC, it's VTEC. If not....well, you know the deal. :)

3. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

if you're in canada, your si is equivalent to our dx i believe. that would mean that the si has a d15b7 i think and does not have VTEC. it would be an SiR that has VTEC for you.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If it was sold new in Canada, it's not the equivalent of a USDM Si hatch. The Canadians got a slightly different trim level scheme... their Si coupe is our EX coupe, and their SiR is our Si. I guess if you can go one trim level 'below' the USDM Si, that's probably what the Canadian Si is. I don't know which trim that would be though... I assume DX.

5. djextremity

djextremity Senior Member

6. chet

chet Senior Member

just check the motor, look for a vtec solenoid.

check for rear disc brakes, check for sway bars, check for a clock, check for a tachometer...they're are many differences between dx's and si's and vx's/cx's.

if it has rear discs and a tach, chances are its a single cam vtec.

7. The_MATRIX

The_MATRIX Junior Member

get this, rear disc w/tach no-vtec emblem on valve cover...

shucks

Im not really too worried about it though, I'm eyeing a 94 RS teg right now its the teg, the hatch, or a civ (94 ex coupe)

any opinions?

8. dahracer

dahracer Junior Member

Some 92-95 Si's have no vtec valve covers. Mine is a 93 si vtec and have no vtec written on it. And as far as I know, all si's come with 14" rims the dx's are 13s. Also all si's as far as I know come with Sunroofs. And if u really wanna know what engine u have check it on the block on the left side above the tranny.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted