Need help with car purchase! ZC swap into 1987 Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shocker

Hey everyone! I am in need of some advice concerning a car that I am interesting in buying.

It is a 1987 Civic Si with the brown top Integra engine swapped into it. It also has the complete Integra brakes front and rear. Over all it is in very decent condition but it has some problems that I believe that are related to the swap:

The car has a tremendous amount of vibration. Everything rattles and the buzz is very strong. The owner says it has the Integra transmission and the right shafts etc. THey used Integra engine and tranny mounts.

The engine is a 1987 but it is using a 1989 ECU, Distro and intake.

Also, when starting off, it pulls pretty hard to the left. When driving, it doesn't seem to pull, but it is hard to tell with all the vibration going on.

Is the ZC engine that big of a buzzing engine? The owner is telling me the engine is just overpowered for the car. I hardly think that 113hp over the 91 is that big of an increase to overwhelm the chassis.

I am new to Hondas and I really think this Si is a cool little retro rig.

Please let me know asap what you guys think the issue is or is this just normal. New mounts? I am really stumped as it looks like a good install.

Thanks!!

Mike

Back