need help with clutch ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well my stock clutch is slipping real bad every since I put the turbo on my car. I am looking at upgrading my clutch to either a stage 2 four puck with kevlar facing or a stage 3 six puck with cera-metalic facing. Now I have heard that the kevlar will engage much smoother but will not last if you dump the clutch. The cera-metalic I was told will hold up much better if you dump the clutch but it will chatter durring normal driving. I was wondering if what I heard about both types of meterial is true. please give me some input ASAP. thanks

more or less yes its true. 6 pucks will grab alot more and have more powerful pressure plates, therefore will "chatter" as they say during daily driving. 4 pucks engage more smoothly and still hold up, as long as you dont abuse it all the time. it depends what you want. how much hp are u pushing?

well my stock clutch is slipping real bad every since I put the turbo on my car. I am looking at upgrading my clutch to either a stage 2 four puck with kevlar facing or a stage 3 six puck with cera-metalic facing. Now I have heard that the kevlar will engage much smoother but will not last if you dump the clutch. The cera-metalic I was told will hold up much better if you dump the clutch but it will chatter durring normal driving. I was wondering if what I heard about both types of meterial is true. please give me some input ASAP. thanks

just make sure with what every you buy get a clutch that is spring loaded, that will make for a smooth engagement

delsol: I am pushing round 160 to 170 hp, I believe.

blacksi: a sprung hub doesn't really help with smooth engagement. the sprung hub is to allow the plate to have some "give", more or less, on the input shaft to help prevent doing any sort of harm to it.

i did order the kevlar 4 puck. After talking to manufacturer i decided that would probably be the best way to go since it is my DD. They said with proper break in that it should hold up fine for occasional track use.

delsol: I am pushing round 160 to 170 hp, I believe.

blacksi: a sprung hub doesn't really help with smooth engagement. the sprung hub is to allow the plate to have some "give", more or less, on the input shaft to help prevent doing any sort of harm to it.

a sprung clutch vs a non-sprung clutch ....sprung is smoother
dont take offence like many on this site do
but have you driven the two before?

but good choice with the kevlar

No i won't take offence. You are right about the sprung Vs. unsprung. I guess i just did not word that right.

Back