Need help with Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eros2180

Hey guys, Ive been away from the honda thing since my CRX 4 years ago. I just bought a 93 Del Sol with no motor, tranny, harness or ECU. it was originally non vtec.

All i want to do is find out what i need to get this thing running, ill be doing the b16a2 swap down the road, but for now whats the easiest, cheapest that will fit into it. I would atleast like to have a 1.6 instead of the 1.5 if possible

Thanks guys

yea thats what im gonna go with late winter early spring, but for now just the cheapest around 1k and higher then that i might as well get the b16 now lol

Any particular reason why the car needs to be running at the moment? If you have another vehicle to drive than don't waste any money at all on a temporary motor, just put it towards the B16.

yea lol all i have right now is the bike, my truck just blew up a few months ago so im trying to get this running quick

Why the caveat of not wanting another 1.5? If you need the car running now and you don't have the cash for the motor you really want at the moment, then I'd be looking to spend the least amount of money on a temporary motor as possible.

Since the car currently has no motor, tranny, or ecu at all, the best thing to do really is just to buy the motor that you ultimately want, and then not have to mess with swapping it twice. If you really can't afford it though then I'd say just grab whatever D15 or D16 setup you can get for the cheapest, and not really worry about the 1.5 versus the 1.6 issue. For your purposes the difference will be negligible, and I've seen D15 engines going for as cheap as $150 bucks, and trannys for as cheap as $75.

Just find a guy local to you that just swapped out his engine for an upgrade, I let my d15b7 go for 100 after I swapped mine. You need engine,tranny, ecu, axles, and shift linkage

Just find a guy local to you that just swapped out his engine for an upgrade, I let my d15b7 go for 100 after I swapped mine. You need engine,tranny, ecu, axles, and shift linkage

:werd:

And sorry for the threadjack, but Rob, did you used to be a member on HondaShowOff.com? I think I remember your screen name...

Either one, it really doesn't much matter. Just write them and specify that you need an OBD1 B16 swap. They'll direct you towards the best motor for your car.

ok guys, i got a motor just a jdm SOHC Vtec ( USDM D16z6 ) I need to find the following parts to complete this

a 92-95 SI harness, EX will work but i would prefer an Si

P28 ECU

and Axles/ Intermediate shaft,

If anyone knows some places to find these please let me know, or if you have them and want to get rid of them...

thanks

Ok after intense observation of the engine bay i may need more than i think... Ive included some pics of the engine bay, if you could please tell me things that may be missing that i will need for this to start/run please help.

I know i need a battery/tray and replace the 2 lower motor/tranny mounts. what would be nice is if i could find a picture of a non swapped del sol to compare.

Much Thanks

depending on what set up you put in it may already have the map on the TB and a fuel filter will run about $20 at Autozone

Back