need help with engine just changed head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ammoar15

i just changed my head cause i thought the valve were bent cause i put oil in my car one day then forgot to put oil cap on i was drivein and then it shut off so i thought i bent a valve i got a knew cap then it was makin a loud jak hammer noise like loud slaping noise from the head and when i changed it, it still was makin the same noise wat should i do wat else could it be

i'm being serious too - just throwing parts at a car will not fix it. you have to know how to properly diagnose or get a pro to do that part for you. it definitely doesn't sound like a good thing, good luck with it.

if i was gonna do that i would of and i wouldnt be on here i am tryin to see i any body ever heard of this before

If you changed the head and it's still making that noise then it's in the block. Like Blanco said it's most likely a rod knock.

If you have the know-how to rebuild it yourself I'd probably do that. If you don't, then finding a good used motor will probably be a cheaper option for you than having a shop rebuild it. Check your local Craigslist for blocks and motors...

and judging by the way this guy talks/acts-aka not putting the oil cap back on,losing oil and bending valves,,itd be best to take the car to a mechanic,and have it diagnosed..

Back