Need help with Engine selection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GeniFx

Hi

Im going to FI modification a engine and i had a b16a in mind im going like ca 300whp daly driving. But i wont a engine that have boost at a lov RPM (3000-4000 RPM) and have full boost! is it beter with a non VTEC engine ? can any one help me? i dont think its so cool to have a hell of RPM to gett boost.

(Sorry for my bad English )

Stian Studsrød

You don't want a 300whp car that gets full boost that early. You will have horrible traction problems. You will need a LSD, traction bars, motor mounts, drag tires, 2 stage or rpm dependent boost controller, etc...

Ok! <_< I do not want 300 whp at 4000 rpm but will have somthing so i got power ! Not just power over 5000. if u know what i meen? a turbo and a engine that i have a mid power, not just the top!

Any tip for engine ? What engine is the best for that power that wil last (fully build. pistons rods +) To the chepest $$$.

And the b16a2 can i tune it so i have som good out putt betveen 3000 to 4500 an stil have much power in the high RPM ? so i have boost before the VTEC ? i know that can be tuned to! hehe...

Thanks for all help! :)

One time must be the first B)

And my english must be bether ! :(

sounds like you want a v8.

wrong forum, wrong car.

cuz it wil never happen in a honda.... and that's EXACTLY the reason why i drive one.
full power at low revs sucks.

b16's are tiny. you'll never spool a turbo that will take you to 300 whp before 42-4500, and full boost by 5.

you need to buy a book, and with all due respect, take your ehad out of your ass and try to learn about turbos and how they work before you go wasting all your money on something that can't be done because of physics.

Back