Need help with engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LadyShag83

Help!!

I am new to engine swapping so I need some advice. I want a very fast engine and I'm not sure which one to chose. I want to add a turbo to it eventually and a shot of NOS. I have a 96' Honda Civic. I would prefer to get about 300 Horsepower from it, but more or a bit less would suffice with as few problems as possible. Please Help?? Which one do I chose and why?

This isn't an engine building topic. Anyway...
You have a few options:B16a, B18c, H22.
Those are some fast engines! Good luck with the NAWS!

I havent had any hands on with engine swaps but I have read a lot about these thigs.... I can tell you that a b16a will push you about 125-135 Horses the b18a will bring you up to about 170ish and the H22 is a beast which will take you all the way to 200 or more.... If you want a 300 horse I would go with the H22 with a good clutch and some axles as people would say lol and you can blueprint the engine and you dont even have to boost the car just NOS it I would put the best of erthing as follows

Head studs
Rods
Pistons (size 2618)
rod bolts double layer gasket
act 3 clutch
bore the hell out of it take some off the exhaust ports and the intake ports
add a cat back exhaust
you should be able to handle some major NOS or boost no need for both

you're right, new head studs would give you soooo much more power.

and a b16 is rated at 160.

in a 96 civic, just get a b16a2 from a 99-00 Si. that'd be the easiest thing to do. it's an obd2, so all you'd have to do is use an obd2 Si ecu and run Vtec wires, and the engine itsself would bolt right in. with an h22 you'd end up spending way more than you probably want to (unless your parents are payin for it or somethin). b16 is the way to go.

Originally posted by hondalover@Sep 7 2003, 12:44 PM
I havent had any hands on with engine swaps but I have read a lot about these thigs.... I can tell you that a b16a will push you about 125-135 Horses the b18a will bring you up to about 170ish and the H22 is a beast which will take you all the way to 200 or more.... If you want a 300 horse I would go with the H22 with a good clutch and some axles as people would say lol and you can blueprint the engine and you dont even have to boost the car just NOS it I would put the best of erthing as follows

Head studs
Rods
Pistons (size 2618)
rod bolts double layer gasket
act 3 clutch
bore the hell out of it take some off the exhaust ports and the intake ports
add a cat back exhaust
you should be able to handle some major NOS or boost no need for both

you may be reading a lot, but you're not retaining much.
b16a = 160hp
b18a = 140hp
b18c = 170hp
h22a = 200hp
as far as all your other "advice" goes, do some more reading, or maybe some actual experience

damn, i didnt even notice that he put b18a...i saw b18 and 170 and automatically assumed b18c...damn..

what a douche.

B16(both of 'em...bia) owns joo!!!

Back