need help with engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg4ever

hi, i have an 93 civic hatch, and i want to make it fast in order to kick some asses. however, i want to keep my A/C and power steering because it is my daily. can anybody plz tell me what engine is the best choice for me? thanks

Yes indeed. Search away.
Too many of these guys ask these type of questions and never do anything

Yes indeed. Search away.
Too many of these guys ask these type of questions and never do anything
i am sorry, but how do u know that i didnt search and how do you know that those guys never do anything? that is just what u assume, dude. i have been searching, that why google lead me to this freaking website?

We do have a search bar lol... The 1st question is How much do you know about the honda engine line? D,B,F,H,K????? 2nd.... How big is your pocket? 3rd is how much of this are you wantting to do? 4th.... What are ya future plans???

I could go on and on and on.... right now I would check out are refrance section with a motor u think you mite like... I will give u advice the B16 and B18 are commen, the H22 gives u all that but proably not A/C its a tight fit and the K series well im not a fan so couldn't tell u haha

Am I gonna have to cut and paste from a previous post answering the exact same question????

Bro... I have a better idea for you.

Keep saving your money for a while, and during that time, do A LOT of reading about anything you can think of that pertains to HONDA engines. I mean MONTHS of reading. At some point you will realize how much work ACTUALLY goes into any of those swaps, and the funds necessary for any one of them.

BTW you will have saved up quite a bit by then and be a lil better prepared to make a good decision.

Look, I'm not trying to look like some expert on Hondas here.. but when I hear the questions posed in this thread, over and over.. I realize that all the reading I have done, actually makes me look at your posts and go, "WTF YO?"

So do that, and be prepared. Also at the point where you have a good bit of cash lying around, I'd go and get a nice turbo setup, and a decent ECU and tune. Plus, with more money you could focus more attention on the handling/braking aspects of it too.

I would much rather see myself go at all this stuff at once than spread it out over a longer period of time, whail not knowing what the hell I'm doing from the get go.

So in a nutshell.

Save. Read. Read. READ. SAVE SOME MORE.

Once you feel confident enough in your knowledge, just tackle your build.

This is good advice, too.. a friend of mine by the name of Steve Soto laid it all out on me when I came in asking about wheel sizes and SRT swaps on Neons...

yes... I has qouted meself! lol

It's a Hondaswap first, I think?

About the turbo idea in my quote up there, you may not want to do that if your engine is crappy, or if its not a good motor for boost... So, what engine is it?

Last edited:
i am sorry, but how do u know that i didnt search and how do you know that those guys never do anything? that is just what u assume, dude. i have been searching, that why google lead me to this freaking website?
Ok then...get it done and post the pics....I shall be proven wrong...but until then...I am still skeptical.

As I said google lands u in the right spot, This just happens to be 1 of many spots to look up info on motor swaps... hell there is what? 4 other sites deticated to just Honda engines and the Series they are lmao... like D series.org lmao

Back