Need help with H22 swap please...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gizmosrealm

Hey everyone, I'm going to be helping my brother with his swap and I need some help. I've been working on Hondas for a while now and have done swaps before. The last I did was a B18b into a 88 Civic. Anyways, onto the questions... My brother has a 93 Prelude Si. He blew the H23 and picked up an H22a and then attempted to do the swap by himself and his friends. Unfortunately, they ditched a lot of the parts off the H23. They also cut the line from the fuel filter to the rail instead of swapping in the H23 rail. Hopefully he can get the old rail back and buy a new line. To continue... his Prelude is an automatic, will that work ok with the H22? If so, what ECU will he need? Also, since he's using the A/C compressor and P/S unit from the H23, what brackets will he need to effectively mount them to the H22? Basically guys, I'm starting from scratch and need at least a point in the general direction. Any point to detailed swap guides are very appreciated as I haven't found one really useful yet. At least I have the H23's wiring harness in his trunk. Thanks for any help you can give me.

wiring is all the same. You just have to add the plugs for the Knock Sensor (some H23s didnt have it already), the VTEC Pressure Switch, and the VTEC Solenoid to the H23 harness.

Thats a total of 4 (?) wires and a ground.

If youre going to use the H23s Tranny, then uses the TCU that comes with the H23 Lude. You might have problems with the Manual P13 ECU on an auto, but since ive never done an auto swap, thats just speculation.

We used to have 3 or 4 members with auto H22 accords, im hoping one of them might be able to help.

You wrote TCU, is that a Transmission Control Unit? I've only delt with ECUs. Is that the 2nd computer up by the kick panel? Thanks.

i think your going to run into problems my friend because if your using a manual p13 on a automatic vehicle i dont think its going to work even with the TCU....a auto ECU and a manual ECU are 2 completely different ECU's both are built differently and if u put both side by side you will see that the auto ecu has more " chips and resistors" soildered into it. i mean not 100% sure it may work but just like reikoshea said tho, ive never done a auto h22 swap either and if i recall , the few guys that that did auto h22 swaps used all h22 parts ( TCU, ECU, etc)

Back