need help with h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scooch112

whenever it's ice cold outside, and whenever my engine gets warm after driving for about a half hour i pull up to a stop light and the car shuts off on its own. I think it might be the timing belt being stripped but im not sure. any suggestions?

timing belt stripped? if that is what happaned the car wouldnt start again and you would be looking at some serious repairs. describe how it shuts off. does it sputter or just go of like you turned the key?

it shuts off like i turned the key, the tach jumps up and down 2 or 3 k rpm's while im driving every once in a while but the engine doesn't rev any more than however hard i push on the gas when the tach jumps. any fuckin idea's?

with the tack jumping like that its remind me of a bad ground. does it ever have problems starting? check make sure you ground is nice and secure and not corroded.

not too much trouble but it does show a little hesitation every once in a while. it also sounds like it starts without any oil sometimes but after a few seconds it kicks in and runs normal, but that's only first thing in the morning, never after that. i also heard something about trying to unplug the chipped ecu and putting it back on more securely. would fixing the ground also help with how the car runs or would that just fix the tach?

i didn't have the car before the chipped ecu, but when i got the car no it didn't have these problems, they've all popped up recently. I've got the rpm's jumping, but not the engine reving, the car dying at stop lights on occasion and about once every week i step on the gas and the rpm's go to zero and it doesn't go anywhere but the car stays on. but the damn thing runs fine while it's in motion.

Back