Need help with MSD setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

Im going to buy the modified cap and blaster 2. I already have the wire between the two what else am I going to need to hook this up. I have a b18b. Also if anyone know what color the ignition wires are that I have to splice.

the 2 wires that go to the stock coil you splice into and run the 2 wires to the blaster coil. throw out the stock coil. you should look up in a manual to see which wire is +(positive) and which is -(negative) so u can hook it up to the coil right.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Jun 5 2004, 09:48 PM
the 2 wires that go to the stock coil you splice into and run the 2 wires to the blaster coil. throw out the stock coil. you should look up in a manual to see which wire is +(positive) and which is -(negative) so u can hook it up to the coil right.

how do you run the wires from inside the dist. cap to the blaster coil?

Its a b18b i was looking at it earlier and theres two wires outside that look like they run to the inside. Are those the ones to splice?

tap into the black/yellow wire outside the dizzy for your positive, then go inside and remove your stock coil and connect to the negative side wire (white I think) and run it outside through the cap and over to your new coil.

drill a small hole in the new cap close to where the old coild use to sit. Be sure to zip tie your wires away from the rotor button.

Back