need help with my 1990 ef hatch with d15b8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatck

hi i have a 90 ef with a d15b8 motor and it has mpfi with a p05 ecu. when you get on it it falls on its face. has gas in the oil. so its getting too much fuel. could it be the wroung ecu or its a vtec with a non vtec head with the wroung ecu? plz help me:confused::confused::confused:

dont know on codes. tps is brokin but fixed it. it has the mpfi in it. the guy i got it from said the guy he got it from did the mpfi swap on it so ya iam in the air on this....if i can get it to run right i will do a vtec head and wire the vtec in and then boost it.. if i cant fix it i will do a b16,b18 or a h22,h23 swap in it

Was the whole throttle body replaced or just the TPS? Either way, test the TPS to see if the open and close voltages are correct.

Other things to check is the cam timing, ignition, IAT, O2, and MAP sensor. Though, it runs fine as long as it's not at WOT?

ya it runs fine tell wot. the oil has gas in it too.. its a d15b8 motor. whats the sencer on top of the throdal body?

i feel dum but whats IAT? and yes only the tps was replaced.

Sensor on top is MAP. Check the TPS and make sure its outputting the correct voltage.

IAT is intake air temperature.

Is the OEM one hooked up? It may be on the firewall hooked up to the engine through a vacuum tube.

should i v tec it and boost it? after i fix it or do a b serice swap?

If you don't get it fixed, nope. If you don't have a voltmeter/multimeter, try to swap a known good TB or just buy a cheap multimeter(I think Harbor Frieght has them for like $5).

B-series swap would depend on your own goals.

Back