Need Help With My 89 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluecrx89

ok i'm new to this so i'm sorry if i ask the samething over again. well i have a 89 CRX DX and i want to put a vtec motor that will bolt on. i was thinking about a d16z6 motor from a 92-95 civic si/ex. need help on how and what to get. what will i need to do the swap? just wanna do a bolt on swap? could someone help me by giving me a list of what i need to get. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

You're going to have to do more than just "bolt it up". I'm not familiar too much with most swaps, but I can tell you if it came out of a 92up car, it'll probably be obd1. Your car is obd0. That means you'll have to convert your car to obd1, which'll be a pain. If your car isn't MPFI, you might have to convert to that also, as I THINK the zc motor is MPFI(don't quote me on that though). Just a couple of things to think about.

But yeah, as he said, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. It'll give you alot of info. I've found numerous amounts of answers from that. Just have to type in correct wording, and you're good.

Back