need help with my ef9 plz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

What up...i got a question abt my 91 ef9...like the last 2 weeks when I start it up and turn on my headlights (which are hid's) my driver side hid flickers on and off...i then turn the lights off and turn them back on but I give it a lill gas bringing the rpm to abt 2k and it's fine...also was curious abt the idling of my car because once my car gets warmed up and I hit a red light my car idles so low that sometimes it shuts off...any help is welcome...thanx

I would try advancing your Dizzy as it may be out of time. Also I would have your Alt checked as it sounds like its not producing enough voltage for your headlights... does it idle low with out them on or the stero? if it does then I would advance the dizzy and go from there or check the cap and rotor as they are known for going along with the ignition coil in the dizzy

Well I got a b18c swap...i got no stereo,i got a brand new alternator like 8 months ago,i just got a new starter like 4 weeks ago, and bought a battery like 5 months ago...my dizzy is good...do u think it can be my starter relay??? Because the hid's do work but I gotta rev the motor a bit...

I was thinking that, but if it was going bad would it not go on at all??? Can I test it by switching my bulbs and see if it still does it??? And one of my friends who works on cars said I may need an after market starter relay fuse because of my swap???

I have replaced many ballasts on customers, friends, family cars. Most of the time they start going bad by being intermittent on start up. You will get a flash on/off and no sustained light. click it on and off a few times and it will finally hold. The other common failure is they will flash and than stay dim. try moving the bulbs around to make sure they are not a problem but my money is on the ballast.

Search. There are a number of threads that talk about it. Also check you idle air screw on your throttle body. It may be turned all the way closed.

Back