Need help with my HIDs on my GSR!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buktheng

I have 350Z HIDs on my GSR and it isn't bright for shiet. I can't see anything on the road while I'm driving and I tried angling it to make it better but I can't seem to get it to get any brighter at all. I moved the bulb around but it won't stay still and at the spot I want it to. What can I do to make it zoom more in the middle and further out so I can see better?

integra housings were not meant for hid and will not reflect light properly , talk to handcommand on www.mnsportcompacts.net i think you will need to swap out ur housings.. perhaps doing a conversion !~for them to work 100% but dont quote me on this just posting from what i have read

Yes, put the proper housings in. You probably have the HID capsule mounted in a really crappy location. Use a projector setup from an Audi or a BMW.

Aren't 350z HIDs a reflector housing? If so, then you have the wrong HID capsules. They are D2R and you need D2S capsules for projector housings. Either way they will work like shit unless you get some true HID projectors in there.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Nov 16 2004, 07:37 PM
Aren't 350z HIDs a reflector housing? If so, then you have the wrong HID capsules. They are D2R and you need D2S capsules for projector housings. Either way they will work like shit unless you get some true HID projectors in there.
[post=417899]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly. He really should just sell what he has and do it over again the right way.

You think if I get these projector headlights that they sell on ebay, will it shine alot brighter?

Originally posted by Buktheng@Nov 23 2004, 12:38 AM
You think if I get these projector headlights that they sell on ebay, will it shine alot brighter?
[post=420858]Quoted post[/post]​

It depends on which projectors you buy and how you mount everything up...

Back