1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with my motor swap

Discussion in 'Integra' started by russellll, Jan 5, 2010.

1. russellll

russellll New Member

hey i need a hand i just bot a integra shell and im gonna put a d16y7 i was wondering if the wireing is differnt cv axels are differnt and would a 1.6 cumputer work 4 it thanks

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

What year Integra?
    Axles are different- you'll need a D series transmission to go with that D16Y7.

3. russellll

russellll New Member

its a 1992 integra the guy i just bot the motor off of told me it would drop right in no problems but he didnt say anything els

4. russellll

russellll New Member

i also need help with my 1992 civic hatch

it has a h22avtec motor it was in it when i bot it but when i bot it it was in a fenderbender so i fexed it and when i first took it for a test drive it would get a seriously loud vibration that shook the hole car at about 60 so i changed cv axels barrings rotors and it still did it so after a while i just droped the car and took it for another test drive to see and now i can get passed 20 ks with out that bad vibration through out the hole car so when i lowerd it it got wose anyone got any sujestions

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

A D16Y7 into a 92 Integra chassis will require a D-series transmission and an OBD conversion. Honestly, this won't really be that easy of a swap. You might want to consider just finding an older LS motor instead...

6. russellll

russellll New Member

my funds are short i have the motor and tranny just need to no what cv axels im gonna need to comp[let it

7. russellll

russellll New Member

and the motor that cam out of the integra was a 1.6 not the b18b so someone already changed the wireing

8. dzminiz

dzminiz Junior Member

any pics?
    You said it had an h22, then you say it was a 1.6

9. Mr JDM

Mr JDM New Member

you will need the d series tranny which are cheap along with those axles. a vtec ecu. p28 will work. you will need to run VTEC wires if that isnt already done. you will also need a obd1/2 (whatever yours is) to match your setup. i do not know what mounts are needed im assuming d series mounts. besides that you should be all set but like BrutleB83 said a b18a1 or b1 would be more practical, easier, and more powerful but it looks like you can not be convinced

10. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

He was talking about a different car when he mentioned the H22...

11. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

You have quite the situation then. The car might have a rats nest for wiring harness for all we can tell. It could be wired for an OBD 0, 1, or 2 1.6 liter. You need to prepare to learn a whole hell of a lot through re-search or start over with a new car. Do you have a engine harness that was in the car when you got it? ECU?

I am confused about the H22 post you left (like someone else was earlier) I tried to re-read and still seems like it was a shell only? But it also had a H22? Or a 1.6?

All in all...unless you are in need of immediate transportation...putting that motor in your car is a bad move...period. Its a smaller motor in a heavier car. It will get you around fine but wont be very fun to drive. LS swaps can be found easily and will run you around $1,000-2,000

12. russellll

russellll New Member

i have to problems one about my 1992 honda civic hatch back it has a h22a vtec motor i have a bad vibration in the front end i changed the cv axels bearings rotors but its still there now what i found weird was befor i droped it the vibration only started at 60 when i lowered it i can only get to 20 now befor it starts and its bad the dash bounces and my other problem is my integra i just bot the shell off a friend and i went and picked up a motor witch is the d16y7 i have the tranny and the mounts but nothing els i no i should go with a b18c1 or a b18b but i can not find one for a decint price as i am running low on funds now im wondering what all i need the motor that came out of the integra was a 1.6 not sure if it was vtec so what im wondering is if the wireing would be the same and what kinda cv axels i would need

13. koni_civic_hatc

koni_civic_hatc Junior Member

sohc 88-91 civic axles would work for you here..

14. russellll

russellll New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted