1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with Prelude engine swap.

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by omega53513, Apr 1, 2007.

1. omega53513

omega53513 New Member

Purchased a prelude, didn't expect it to be this bad.

Stock prelude was: 93 Prelude Si model (2.3 DOHC engine).

Engine and manual trans were swapped from 99 acura 2.3 CL (2.3 Vtec SOHC engine).

Now the problems with this 2.3L Vtec SOHC engine I have:

ECU - 93 prelude "S" model NON-VTEC 2.2L SOHC computer
    destributor - 93 prelude "S" model
    Trouble code #9
    Engine cut off at 5400rpm

Can I run a Vtec engine with a non-vtec distributor?

Can I use something else than engine computer to enable the Vtech?

Why does my engine cuts off at 5400? Can it be attributed to the the trouble code #9?

Is trouble code #9 is most likely top sensor on by distributor gone bad (as I can see a crack on the top sensor)?

If I must have a computer for my Vtec, can I buy some kind of wiring harness adapter to allow my OBD I harness to connect to OBD II computer, so that I could use stock 2.3cl computer?

Will the computer work from up to 96 honda accord 2.2L Vtec SOHC, or I will need to rewire the whole thing?

I have posted some questions previously on Preludepower.com - Powered by vBulletin and they helped me identify which computer I use.

Thanks to every one who will respond!

2. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

your whole problem lies in the computer. you have to have a vtec computer to make it engage. the f22 non-vtec ecu doesnt know what vtec is. so find the correct f23 ecu and get a obdII-obdI conversion harness. then the car will go to red line, and have vtec.

3. omega53513

omega53513 New Member

prelude

Can you please point me to the web site, or someone who sells the conversion. I totally don't mind purchaing it, as long as its not the price of the new engine.
    Thanks.

4. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

Rywire - Online Store

im not sure if the motor is obd2a or obd2b so you will need to find that out before purchasing

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted