Need help with putting Integra B18 into CRX!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DirtCRX

I've got a 1990 CRX i'm attempting to do a swap in. I've also got a donor car, a 1990 Acura Integra with the standard B18 (LS) engine. I've got the engine out of both cars and ready to start my swap. I've got the mounts and axles but i'm still not sure about what computer to run and which harnesses will match up and work together! Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated! I've always been a D series guy so i'm a little in the dark here. Thanks!

make sure you have the ef b series swap mounts ebay will work but hasport and innovative would be better also https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/ for the mpfi wire swap you MUST use you stock wiring harness off your old d series for the new ls motor the link is how to rewire your old harness and where to add new, also i am assuming the crx was a 5 speed (NON HF model) if so good you wont need new hubs if not you need 5 speed ef hubs, also you must buy a swap shifter assembly to attach to the b series or use the integra one and cut and weld thats what i did also you use the ecu that's from the integra your lucky because your donor car is also OBD0 so will plug right into the civic

Luckily I did get the right mounts and they did come from Ebay. I've also got the swap shifter linkages too. the LS motor has a single port intake I believe is what it's called and I got a tranny a few days ago from another donor car. Now standing in my way is the damn wiring... I stripped the entire harness from headlights to taillights out of the integra. Common sense is telling me I can just put the harness into the CRX and i'll be fine? This is my first swap and i'm trying to figure all this out. Another question I have is about the engine internals. This has to be an all motor, stock appearing, pump gas car. I'm def putting the ARP bolt kit in the rods and head but i'm not familiar at all with B series pistons. Any suggestions? I'm having the head PP'd and the intake ported with the head and having upgraded valves, springs and retainers also.

Sorry I don't mean to sound like a dick, but you're crazy! You actually stripped out the da harness? Not necessary and way too much work. If your crx is a hf or si then you really don't need to do too much at all in the way of wiring. If your donor car is 90-91 it's the same odb, and you can plug the ecu out of the donor into your stock ef harness.

i just did the same swap a few months ago on my 90 si and all u need is to convert your harness to mpfi if is not an si and the ecu will plug to ef harness. the da harness won't work at all unless you take the complete harness from the dash of the ef and use the da and that is tooooooo much headeache.

Back