Need help with rim fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djSALIX

My dumbass friend decided to buy 18" rims for his 96 civic coupe after i told him he'd have problems.

Now he has problems.

Obviously the rims + tires are too big and are rubbing against the inside of the frame and whenever he hits a bump it hits the top of the inside.

How do we fix this?

Sorry for being a complete idiot.

EDIT: The tires are Toyo 225/40zr/18s and the rims are Konig Absolute 18" (Gunmetal) Let me know if you need anymore information

Thanks

I have 17's with a 40 series tire on my 95 si and i rubbed the fender walls when i hit bumps with just 2 people in the car so i bought a set of groundcontrol coilovers and some tokicos and i didnt lower it to much but i lowered it enough and i got a stiffer ride out of the tokicos so i didnt bounce around nemore. ALso is he aware that his speedo will read a different speed then what he is going. If his stock tire size is 185/60/14 like i think it is with those tires and rims he speedomter will read 60 but he is actually going 66.2 mph. Check it out http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html ... Got that from B and his helpful reference section :D

He needs 215/35-18" tires. The profile on the 225/40s is too tall. Better shocks wouldn't hurt either. But the most obvious solution is the smaller tires.

EDIT: Also, like FearDaGreenCivic said, he could get coilovers and leave them close to stock height, and probably tokico HP shocks (good for the money), but first thing he should do is get the different tires. Not only will they look better on his car, the tire profile will drop enough that he might not need any suspension work.

Thanks for the help.

I think since he is lazy, he's just gonna buy the suspension setup (as opposed to swapping the tires)

Any good links to get the stuff cheap?

Like battle said, He has to use 215/35 tires. The ones he has now are screwing his speedo and mile up really bad.

Back