NEed help with some b18a1 wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tekno9998

I have a 91 civic dx standard and traded my old civic for a complete b18a1 civic swap or so i thought. The swap came with the pr4 ecu and the mpfi wiring done to the engine harness and the b18a1 of course the engine is already in but it doesnt plug up to the harness coming thru the firewall while the ecu plugs right in. Im lost and i cant seem to find anyone that knows about this swap do i just need a 91 civic si wiring harness to plug up to the ecu and go thru the firewall? Thanx for any responses im stumped

Phil

DPFI does not have a resistor box. Just because the ecu fits doesn't mean its the same. You need to do an mpfi swap. There are instructions on here and all over the net on how to do it. You can not just simply put an si wiring harness on it and expect it to work. If you did that you would have to change some wires by the ecu plug.

So i will have to modify the wiring harness to the ecu right? The egine wiring harness is allready wired its just the plug comin off the resistor box does not match up with the plug comin from the firewall. So a si harness from the ecu will not fix the problem?

If you mean that you are trying to wire the b18a1 engine harness up to the dx wiring harness this will not work, as mentioned before you need to do the dpfi to mpfi rewire and you also need a d series si ENGINE wiring harness....

Back