1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with swap on a 90 ef si

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by hatck, Aug 1, 2011.

1. hatck

hatck New Member

i got a d17a2 v-tec motor out of a 2002 ex. wanted to know if it will fit in my 90 ef si hatch? i pulled a d15b7 out and i was told a d16z6 would work. so i was like why not just get a d17a2. lol so i need help with the swap. i know i need a ecu trans and a jumper from obdo to obd2. what els do i need?

2. Dj211855

Dj211855 New Member

Im not to sure if the tranny bolt up to that sucker eventhough its a d'. Sell the d17, and put your money on your b7. The b7 are really neat motor specially if you up the cp with si/ex trans you'll have fun with it.

3. monotech

monotech Member

That motor is coil packed you don't want to go that route you are better off going K series in that case. What you can do is go OBD-1 and build a mini me swap using a sohc v-tec head Z6 or Y8 head or swap the complete engine for a Z6 or Y8. Either way you will need to use a jumper harness and rewire your engine harness according to your swap and chip your ECU depending on your bolt ons you add.

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

couldnt have said it any better

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted