need help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtecCivic

ok .... i have a 96 civic dx .... the origional motor is out .... i have a lsvtec motor .... b18a1 block b16a head... turbocharged.... i finally got my motor mounts from the ups guy on monday.... so i put the motor in.... its in the car right now with absolutly nothing hooked up .... i mainly need help with the electrical part of the swap.... like converting obd's ... i dont have a computer yet.... what would you recomend ? and the wiring harness ...im certified by ford in electrical systems so i have a basic knowledge.... but its not my strong point.... any help is appreciated ..... thanks alot guys

Hondata for sure. dont have one but have heard many good things about their ECU's. Damn you should've waited to drop the motor its a lot easier to hook everything up when its out of the car.

yup yup....its so much easier to put the harness on when the motor's out of the car...takes like 3 minutes

took me about an hour and a half to put my harness on with the motor in the car. theres so much shit thats hard to fuckin get to in a goddamn honda engine bay...speshully when youre tired and frustrated as hell.

awesome .... thanks alot for the help .... if its easier to do the wiring with the motor out of the car i can just take it out .... its not to big of a deal .... tahnks again for the help

Back